Frequently Asked Questions
When will the housing be available?
UH College Suites student apartment housing is now accepting applications for every term. Who is eligible to live in the housing? Students enrolled at Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, Sage College of Albany, Sage Graduate School, Albany Medical College, Albany Law School, Maria College, The College of Saint Rose, and The University at Albany are eligible to live in the new UH College Suites housing. We accept applications from students interning in the Capital District Area from other Colleges/Univeristies during our 3-Month Summer Term ONLY.
How do I apply to live in the housing?
Contact us directly by phone, email or come to our office for the application packet. The application is also available online. Apartments are on a first come, first serve basis. Sage College of Albany Undergraduate Students must contact the Sage College of Albany Residence Life office at 518.244.2008 to apply. Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences students must be a 3rd year student to apply.
Can I choose the people I room with?
Yes. You, as well as your requested apartment roommates, will need to complete the section on our application a for roommate requests. Be advised all roommate requests must be mutual. If you do not have a request for apartment roommates you will be assigned to an apartment. All requests are considered but not guaranteed.
How much will the student housing cost?
For information on pricing click here...
Can I schedule a tour of an apartment?
Tours are offered Monday - Friday from 10:00am - 12:00pm and 1:30pm - 3:30pm by appointment. Contact the Management Office at 518.694.9000, email at email@example.com or click on the Contact Us link on our homepage to schedule a tour.
What does the apartment include?
All apartments also include a fully furnished living room, fully applianced kitchen, a bathroom per two students and single occupancy bedrooms. High Speed Internet access in all bedrooms. Each apartment has it's own router for Wi-Fi, cable, heat, hot water, central air conditioning and electricity are also included in the rental cost.
What should I bring for my apartment and my bedroom?
All apartments are completely furnished. You should bring personal items such as bed linens (standard twin size), towels, cooking utensils, iron, alarm clock, computer, cable tv wires and CAT 5 ethernet cable, small television, computer, all bedding needs, pillows, alarm clock, floor lamp or desk lamp, flashlight, surge protector, etc. For additional FAQs and a list of items to bring to furnish your suite click here.
What is provided in the bedroom?
Each bedroom comes equipped with a standard twin mattress with a boxed bed frame, desk with 3 drawers and keyboard tray, desk chair, 6-drawer dresser, wardrobe/closet, window blinds, Ethernet and Cable television hookup. Cords for the Ethernet and Cable hookups are NOT included. Bedrooms are approximately 8.5 feet by 12 feet. Bedroom windows are approximately 39 inches by 52.5 inches. Living Room Windows are approximately 70 inches by 60 inches.
What if I need something fixed or rempaired in my apartment?
Stop by the Management Office and complete a work order, call at 518.694.9000, email at firstname.lastname@example.org or click on the Submit a Maintenance Request link on our homepage.
Are there laundry facilities?
Yes, there are facilities located on the second and third floors in the A-Building: Main building and on the first floor in the B-Building: New Addition.
UH College Suites offers coinless laundry equipment. In order to utilize the laundry equipment, you will need to use a laundry card provided by UH College Suites.
How to get started to add value to the UH College Suites Laundry Card:
- Log on to: www.codedvalueadder.com/uhcsrevalue
- Click on New Customer and fill in the registration information.
- If you enter a mobile number during registration, your codes can be sent directly to your phone in a text message.
- After submitting your information, you will receive an activation email.
- Open and click on “Activate Account”. You will then be redirected to the sign in page.
- Sign in with your newly created log in and password
- Click on Cards.
- Card Alias – Name your card
- Money Card Serial #- Enter the serial number located on the back of your card.
- It is an 8 digit number following ESD on the back of the card.
- Codes that you purchase will only work on this card.
- Confirm Serial #
- Click ADD
- Click on Revalue.
- Choose a Code Value Adder (CVA)
- The CVA for Building A is #1.
- The CVA for Building B is #2.
- Click “Assign”.
- Choose a Code Value Adder (CVA)
- At the bottom of the page, click on “Buy Code”.
- Choose an amount from the drop down menu to add to your card.
- Complete your payment information. Click “continue.”
- You will received a code that can be printed or if you have listed a mobile device, it will arrive via text.
- Bring the code to the Coded Value Adder (CVA) you have selected.
- Your code will only work on that CVA.
- The CVA for Building A is #1 is located in the Lobby of the A-Building.
- The CVA for Building B is #2 is located in the 1st Floor Laundry Room of the B-Building.
- Insert your laundry card to the CVA.
- Follow the instructions to enter your code.
- The value you have purchased will be added to your card.
What is my room assignment? When will I receive it?
Room assignments are finalized by UH College Suites management during the following times:
9-Month – Academic Term – July
3-Month – Summer Term – April
12-Month – Mid-May to Mid-May ONLY – April
A final confirmation of residency will be emailed to during the following times:
9-Month – Academic Term – First full week of August
3-Month – Summer Term - First full week of May
12-Month – Mid-May to Mid-May ONLY – First full week of May
Can I contact my roommate(s) before we move in?
If you have one or more roommates, those names and email addresses will appear on your final confirmation email. Feel free to contact your roommate(s) before you arrive. It is our policy to not share telephone numbers or permanent addresses.
How can I change my apartment and/or bedroom assignment?
All requests should be emailed to email@example.com. Once your written request is received regarding changing rooms you will be placed on a waiting list. If a room in your requested apartment opens up, you will then be placed if all other roommates approve.
Can I make online payments?
University Heights College Suites continues to offer the option to make your rent payments electronically with a Credit Card or eCheck using RentPayment. You can charge your rent to your Visa, MasterCard and Discover or pay using an electronic check. An electronic check, or e-Check, is an electronic version of a paper check, used to process a payment online. There is an additional convenience fee charge of 2.95% of the total payment amount when making payments online.
In addition, any payment made over the phone with a live client care representative will be charged an additional fee of $9.95. Also, please note that the new resident-paid service fee pricing model applies to debit and credit card transactions ONLY.
To make paying rent even easier, you can also sign up for AutoPay by eCheck! AutoPay is an automatic recurring direct debit from your Checking or Savings Account to pay rent seamlessly each month. Now you never have to remember to pay rent again! When using AutoPay, the convenience fee is only $4.95 for each transaction. New users and those of you who have lived at University Heights College Suites previously will need to create a login from the steps listed below.
How to get started today:
- Log on to www.uhcollegesuites.com and click on the “Pay your Rent online” icon.
- In the section First Time User/New User? Click on the “Setup Account “icon.
- Click on the “Enter Resident ID” button to the right.
- Contact the UHCS Office at 518.694.9000 or at firstname.lastname@example.org for your specific Resident ID.
- You will only need the Resident ID for the initial login.
- Do not contact RentPayment to receive your Resident ID.
- Enter your Resident ID and click on the “Continue” icon.
- Create a login name and password and click on the “Continue” icon.
- Select Setup AutoPay or Make One-Time Payment
For a complete listing of our Rules and Regulations click here.